The Major League Baseball (MLB) Park, Busch Stadium, is located in St. Louis, Missouri, United States, and is a home baseball park of the MLB team St. Louis Cardinals. It is the third stadium to carry the name Busch in St. Louis. Sportsman Park was the first stadium, opened in 1953 and closed in 1966, which was renamed to Busch Stadium in the honor of former team owner Gussie Busch.
In 1966, a new stadium was built for both the NFLs (National Football League) St. Louis Cardinals and baseball Cardinals, which was named Busch Memorial Stadium. Busch Stadium is also referred as Busch Stadium III or New Busch Stadium.
It was opened on April 4, 2006, and the first exhibition match was played between the minor league Springfield Cardinals and Memphis Redbirds, which the Springfield won 5-3. The first official game was played on April 10, 2006, between the St. Louis Cardinals and Milwaukee Brewers, which the Cardinals won 6-4.
Busch Stadium is located in –
700 Clark Street,
St. Louis, Missouri – 63102,
Design of the New Busch Stadium was proposed by the architectural firm Populous. It was built by the Hunt Construction Group, and the construction cost was $365 million. The stadium features a creative use of old and new materials, from concrete and red bricks to exposed glass and steel.
It has an open air design with a panoramic view of the Gateway arch and downtown St. Louis skyline. It consists of three main seating decks with the terrace concourse, main concourse and long concourse levels. The main scoreboard is situated above the bleachers in right-center field with an out of town scoreboard to the right of the main scoreboard.
• Surface – Grass.
• Capacity – 43,975 and 43,861 (with standing room).
• Left Field – 336 ft (102 m).
• Right Field – 335 ft (102 m).
• Center Field – 400 ft (122 m).
• Left-center Field – 375 ft (114 m).
• Right-center Field – 375 ft (114 m).
• The stadium has shelter areas to protect the spectators from natural disasters, which are located throughout the stadium.
• Environment of Busch Stadium is smoke-free.
• The Cardinals has employed a policy, allowing smokers to exit and re-enter the stadium at 3 designated exit/re-entry gates.
• The stadium has many party and gathering areas including the Ford Plaza, Casino Queen Party Porch, and Coca-Cola Scoreboard Patio.
• Debit cards and Credit cards are now accepted at all Concession stands.
• The stadium has 61 luxury suites and 3,706 club seats.